December 15, 2010

The Percolator


I went to the resale store to buy clothes, while there I found a percolator that brought back old memories, My first Mother-in-Law and I would have coffee every morning from her wonderful percolator, we would crochet, have coffee, laugh and tell stories It was a wonderful time in my life that will never leave my memory, Why is it that people think because a marriage did not work out that we can't still have wonderful people who once was our relative, and you won't believe it but the same day I bought the percolator I became FBook Friends with my ex/Brother-in-law and my ex/Husband's wife, I have always liked her and we seem to have a lot in common, I want to make it known I have no reason to bug them with fb status's it just means once I meet you and like you no divorce should separate our brothers and sisters in Christ, I thank God for my memories, Romaine my Mother-in-law taught me to cook, crochet,knit and Quilt, She also taught me how to live alone on a very limited budget, No she wasn't rich money wise but she was rich in love, she never met a stranger and she and her ex/Husband remained friends. I think back on their situation and I am almost jealous of the kinship the whole family had, I will try and post a picture of the loving percolator as soon as I learn how. I miss my Mother-in-law I have been truly BLESSED to be related to the Porter family and my Aunt Violet by marriage gave me two paintings of Chickens that hang above my kitchen table with her wonderful food on the table, My sister's tell me I am way to sentimental but once I make a friend they are my friend forever Rest In Peace Romaine Love Peanut

No comments: