June 13, 2009

WISE WORDS

Last year a friend of mine was giving me some advice about being my own person, it started when I had told her I called home to tell my husband I was going to stop in at Old Navy, he said no come home and I did, She said first why did I even call, I have a mind of my own I didn't need permission to stop at Old Navy. Well another piece of advice she gave me was to make friends, go visit a friend etc. Well I took her advice and I have made new friends, I have went places without asking for permission (I always invite him to join me) and I can tell you that's the best advice I could have heard at the exact time I needed it. Well today my FRIEND is sad, missing a child she lost in a tragic accident. WHAT COULD I POSSIBLY SAY, Nothing she hears will erase her hurt or longing for her daughter, other then saying I'm praying for you I wouldn't know what to say, But Thank the Lord she knows someday soon she will see her again, but it wasn't this morning and I truly feel so sad for my friend that I couldn't come up with some advice to give her like she did me at the exact time she needed it.

1 comment:

Carol said...

You said the perfect words, "I'm praying for you." Thanks dear friend.